Launched on October 1, 2018, Walmart’s enhanced Marketplace Returns program is another step towards a best-in-class customer experience and improved seller tools. The program promotes a more seamless return environment and ultimately simplifies the customer experience.
Customer benefits include:
- Clear return policies for each item (documented on item pages)
- Ability for customers to print return shipping labels directly from their Walmart accounts
- Return assistance from Walmart’s customer service team
Business benefits include:
- Ability to set a custom return policy for individual items
- Specifying other factors in return policies (return windows, restocking fees, shipping fees, etc.)
- New Returns dashboard that will make return management easier, faster, and more efficient
- The option to use Walmart’s discounted Returns Shipping Service
Although the program went live on October 1, sellers will have until October 31 to prepare their accounts for the changes. Any accounts that haven’t changed their settings by the deadline will automatically be updated to the program’s new default settings. Some settings require operational planning, so be mindful and don’t delay.
The sooner you prepare, the sooner you’ll be ready for the inevitable. You can start by:
- Reading the complete Marketplace Returns Policy
- Go to Seller Help to review detailed guides for all program settings and tasks
- Reviewing Walmart’s official webinar slides
- Reviewing API documentation if you integrate with Walmart through direct API
- Updating your settings and requesting account activation
Your customer returns will be managed by the new process as soon as your account is activated.
If you have any questions about Walmart's new enhanced Marketplace Returns program and how it will integrate into GoDataFeed, feel free to contact our support team.