FTP is an easy, reliable way for merchants to submit their product feeds to both Google Merchant Center and Bing Merchant Center. If you are using a third party feed service you may want to provide them with these FTP credentials to complete your feed submission. A common question that we receive is how to actually find these credentials within the Merchant Center accounts.
In Google Merchant Center
- Visit Settings on the left hand side of the screen
- Select SFTP and FTP
- Choose FTP Settings. From there you will see the FTP server name and the Username.
- To get the password, you will need to Generate new FTP password. This will lock out all other FTP submissions to Google.
In Bing Merchant Center
- Visit Tools, then Bing Merchant Center
- Select the store name
- Visit FTP Settings
- Under FTP info you will see the FTP address under the Server name.
- Under FTP settings, you will see the User name and Password. If you do not remember your password, you will need to create a new one to submit a feed via FTP.
Now that you have located your FTP credentials, you can begin beefing up your ecommerce strategy by submitting your Google and Bing feeds. Happy selling!